Search This Blog

Monday 9 March 2015

Super Junior Eun Hyuk & Dong Hae: New MV: Growing Pains

Hello !! Hello!!

My favorite Kpop duo Eun Hyuk & Dong Hae from Super Junior made a come back last Thursday the 05.03.2015 with their Title track 'Growing Pains'.

I didn't watch it immediately when it was released on Youtube but waited for the next day to watch it because after watching the teaser (the link is as follows) I was expecting an extremely sad ballad song.  I wasn't that much into sad ballads these days...

Teaser 1 - Super Junior Eun Hyuk & Dong Hae's Growing Pains

Sad looking Dong Hae from the Teaser 1 of Growing Pains MV














Then the Medley of their album was released.  I have to say they really don't disappoint us in terms of the quality of their songs & music.  The songs & music are really good quality and nice to listen to and I really feel like buying their album called 'The Beat goes on'.  I think that this album must be their 1st Korean Album because I remember that all their previous albums were mainly targeted for the Japanese audience and they only had some remakes of the Japanese songs into Korean versions.  They did release their Korean Single 'Still You' on the 16 December 2013 but it was just one song not included in an album.

Check out EunHae's 1st Korean single 'Still You' by clicking on the following link:

Super Junior Donghae & Eunhyuk - 'Still You' Music Video

'Still you' is a very light, romantic and holiday-ish type of song which you can play when going for a drive or when you're travelling.



Please check out their album medley.  I assure you that you won't regret it and I'm sure you'll enjoy it as much as I did ^^  Click on the link below:

SUPER JUNIOR-D&E_'The Beat Goes On'_Highlight Medley

Here are some photos to promote their new album :) Don't they just look neat & handsome ^^  Aigoo I'm so biased but I just can't help like them a lot like someone who likes certain characters from a story or a movie.

Eun Hyuk in the foreground & Dong Hae in the background

Maybe for me, the feelings I have for Eun Hyuk & Dong Hae are a little more than fancying characters from a movie or a story.  In fact, I've been following Super Junior's career since March 2011.  So it's been like almost 5 years now that I'm a faithful fan of Super Junior.



Dong Hae (Foreground) & Eun Hyuk (Background)

Being a fan of Super Junior and their members is like caring for a friend or a family member.  I can't help but feel super ecstatic and proud of them every time they release a new MV or song.

I just can't get enough of them.  Because somehow I really appreciate the hard work and talent they invest in their work.

Eun Hyuk on the left and Dong Hae on the right

I'm simply attached to Super Junior :)
I'm also sure that a big team of hard working people have been supporting them behind the scenes in producing this album.
Actually, I didn't have the time for several months to follow their shows or activities like I usually did during my first 3 years of following Super Junior, so I wasn't anticipating their comeback that much.


But when I saw the articles and posts about their comeback, I was starting to look forward to their songs.  The 2nd teaser gave you more of an insight on their acting for this Music Video.    You can check it out by clicking on the following link:

SUPER JUNIOR-D&E (Growing Pains)_MV Teaser 2

Still the music in the 2nd Teaser is quite heavy and dramatic, so I didn't know quite well what to expect.  I assumed that the song was going to be extremely sad and melodramatic.  The teaser made me think of a trailer for a sad romance movie where one of the characters die in the end...too sad for me...I don't like unhappy endings.
After watching the 2nd teaser, I was glad to see that Eun Hyuk was having a chance to showcase his acting which is a great opportunity for him since he doesn't really have the chance like Dong Hae to be cast in dramas.
Dong Hae cut from the 2nd Teaser Video

But like usual, the fans can't help but think up lots of different story plots for the music video as hinted in the 2nd teaser.
For my part, I thought that maybe Eun Hyuk and Dong Hae both liked the same girl but the girl left them and that's why the story was so heartbreaking.




Eun Hyuk cut from the 2nd Teaser Video


Personally, for me they did great in their acting. With their expressions and actions, their feelings of sadness and heartbreak were perfectly conveyed to the audience.








Finally when I watched the Music Video, I was stunned and amazed by it.  The song was great and was much above my expectations.  It's actually a really catchy song and not that sad and melodramatic that you would get all emotional from listening to it.  You have to check it out!! The song is just DaeBak!! Too great !! Here's the link to the Official Music Video:

SUPER JUNIOR-D&E_너는 나만큼 (Growing Pains)_Music Video

Dong Hae at 0:21 seconds of the MV
The sad puppy look in Dong Hae's eyes is like a photography taken for an exposition ^^

I wonder how many takes they had to do to get the expression right XD Knowing Dong Hae's clumsiness, he probably had to do several retakes before getting it right ;)






Aawww EunHyukkie's voice is so soft & shweet XD
Hyukkie is usually given very little chances to sing because he is given rap parts most of the time so when he is given opportunities to sing, we just can't help but appreciate it a lot.

Eun Hyukkie's part at 0:54 of the MV


There's also the smooth dance moves which look quite simple but are in fact quite difficult to follow especially for dance amateurs like me ^^''
They look great dancing among the spotlights on the glass rooftop of a tall building :) Really nice decor.

Eun Hyuk's dance break at 1:26 of the MV
Like usual Eun Hyuk dances with so much swag that you can't help but be mesmerized by the dance moves that he accomplishes so effortlessly.

Dong Hae's Mic trick at 1:40 of the MV
There's also that part at 1:40 of the Music Video where Dong Hae makes the Mic stand drop slowly in front of him then return back to it's initial position without even holding it with his hands (He is probably achieving this trick by holding the base of the mic stand with his foot).  But it still looks really cool when he does this trick especially when filmed from that side angle.



Ah now I get the story in the MV; it is about erasing the memories of the girl they liked just to forget about her.  It's kinda sad really to reach the point of loving someone so much that you think of him/her everyday but when this love is not reciprocated, you end up hurt and in pain.  The only solution is just to forget that person but it is hard to forget because this person means so much to you.  So the only solution to forget their one-sided love in this MV is for them to visit a doctor / Psychologist (the old man in the MV) to hypnotize them to erase the memories of the girl they like from their minds.

There are also live stage performances of this song by Dong Hae & Eun Hyuk :)
They must have practiced a great deal before their come back, so lets just sit back and appreciate their hard work, because they deserve the recognition for it.

By the way, my favorite part of the dance is at 2:07 of the video ^^, you can check it out by clicking on the link below:

Comeback Stage by SUPER JUNIOR-D&E - 'Growing Pains' on Music core 07.03.2015

Dong Hae & Eun Hyuk on stage to perform 'Growing Pains' on Music Core

You can even hear the fan chats at 2:23 of the video XD
Haha the fans' support is so motivating ^^

Here is the link to another stage performance By Dong Hae and Eun Hyuk for 'Growing Pains'.
In this video, they also performed another of the song on their album which is 'The Beat goes on'.
Please check it out & enjoy their performance:

Super Junior D&E Donghae & Eunhyuk - The Beat Goes On & Growing Pains

Eun Hyuk & Dong Hae performing 'The Beat goes on' 
 I would love to see their practice videos for 'Growing pains' and 'The Beat goes on' but I don't think SM Entertainment will post them on Youtube because they rarely post the practice videos for Super Junior.  Too bad...isn't it...
I really like watching practice videos because you see the dance moves more clearly & closely, they are dressed more comfortably and in the practice room you are less distracted by the lights & decor which you find on stage.

One more link to their stage performance in which they wear the same clothes as in their music video:

150308 - Inkigayo - Super Junior D&E - Growing Pains - 3rd Stage

Here is the link for the English subbed video of the Music video for SuJu Dong Hae & Eun Hyuk's 'Growing Pains':

Super Junior D&E - Growing Pains MV [English Subs + Romanization + Hangul]


There is even romanization to help you sing along to the song :)
I think that the fans are really great to take the time and patience to sub the music videos of Kpop artists to share their works with international fans as well.
I really appreciate your hard work, thank you very much :)

Please support Super Junior Eun Hyuk & Dong Hae by buying their album :)

Here is another beautiful song from their Album which fans have subbed:

Super Junior-D&E - Mother [English Subs/Romanization/Hangul]

Super Junior members are really filial in the sense that they really care a lot for their parents.  So I'm really glad that Eun Hyuk adnd Dong Hae wrote this song for their mothers.  It would be so touching it they sang this song to their ommas ^_^

Super Junior-D&E - Sweater & Jeans [English Subs/Romanization/Hangul]

The above link is a really fun and catchy songs.  The lyrics are really easy-going and fun to sing along to.  I'm sure you'll enjoy it (It has a little bit of a raggae feel to it, but just a little hint)

Super Junior-D&E - Breaking Up [English Subs/Romanization/Hangul]

Their 'Break Up' song is also really fun to listen to despite the title :)
The song is quite upbeat and not that serious for a Break Up song.
Check it out ;)

Ok that's it for today.

I really want to add more things, but it's already quite late and I have to get up early tomorrow.

So see you for my next post.

I hope you enjoyed this post and thank you for sharing your love for Super Junior Eun Hae or for Kpop in general ^^

Anyeong!!

Bye Bye


Alice

No comments:

Post a Comment