Search This Blog

Thursday 19 March 2015

My Solo Date

Hi Everyone

What's up?! ^^ I hope you're all doing fine :)

The title of my post today is 'My Solo Date' because I had a date solely with myself today.
I took a leave from work and spent the whole day taking care of myself.

It's been like such a long time since I took some time off to go out on my own and take a deep breath away from my hectic and stressful work days.

It felt nice just strolling around the shopping mall without a care in the world and putting all thoughts about work away.

No need to worry about the Boss calling you to do several things at a time or telling you to do this or that within a small time frame...or having the phone ringing endlessly and emails incoming non-stop.

Illustration of a Day in my work life © Alice Chronicle


Some times I feel like I am a slave to work, I keep thinking about work subconsciously all the time; there are even occasions when I dream about work in my sleep and wake up at 3am to 4am in the morning everyday because some work related stuff just popped into my mind.
Eventually I can't fall back to sleep at 4am because I can't stop thinking about those work issues....

I have been suffering from insomnia lately and I've started having migraines although I rarely have headaches.
I do several things at a time (multitask) so often at work that sometimes I forget what I was doing a few minutes ago.
On top of that my colleagues and Boss think that I am not doing my work well and it's taking too long to complete the work BUT don't they even realize that I am not a machine and cannot complete a dozens of requests at a time !!!
Even machines get overloaded and break down !! What about a person !?
I also don't like putting pressure on others, but because I need to meet work deadlines, I have no choice but treat others just like my Boss(es) are treating me.
You can call this a vicious circle...I guess...
But can you call this a life? TT____TT

Still today I really took a break from work although I didn't do anything extravagant or mind-boggling such as sky-diving or hiking or going to a spa....but still I took some well-deserved time off to stroll around and treat myself to some good food just to get my mind off work.

However, I've been wondering is this what life is about?
Working hard and having little time for yourself?
Having a work which at the end of the day is just to earn money but does not really make you satisfied that you could think of leaving the Earth one day without a regret?

I don't know about you guys & girls but I think I want to do something with my life which will make me feel like I have no regrets when the end of it comes...It's not that I want to party as hard as possible, It's not that I want to go on a tour around the world.  It's not that I want to win some Nobel prize or anything.

I just want to do something that I feel is worthwhile...I don't know what it is yet...but I hope to find that 'something' which is lacking some time soon before it is way too late... :)

What about you?  Do you feel satisfied with your life currently?  Or do you feel bored or depressed?
What is the meaning of 'Happiness' for you?


Thanks for reading and sharing a word with me.

Stay strong !!

Ciao Ciao


Alice

No comments:

Post a Comment