Search This Blog

Friday 17 June 2011

K-Drama: My Name is Kim Sam Soon

Bonjour! Hello!
Hi there! ^^
I was thinking of some K-dramas that I have watched in the past and a fun one that came up to my mind was 'My Name is Kim Sam Soon'.  I really enjoyed watching this drama.  It is funny, interesting, romantic and I really like the main casts for this drama because they made a very good job in acting their parts in this story.  I also like the music in this drama, I think it really fits and emphasizes the different situations in the drama, when there is some funny situation, there's a music that makes you follow the action of the characters in the movie and anticipate their next action.  To watch the opening theme of the K-drama 'My Name is Kim Sam Soon', click on the following link: 
My Name is Kim Sam Soon_Opening song


This drama was a success in South Korea, with numerous viewers and received several Drama Awards in 2005. 
The lead actor of this drama is Hyun Bin.  It is in this drama that I first saw the actor Hyun Bin. 
The lead actress is Kim Sun-ah, she had to gain 15 pounds to play the role of Kim Sam Soon.
 
This drama is about the story of Kim Sam Soon, a woman in her thirties who works as a patissier.  She has a broken heart because she was betrayed by her boyfriend who was two-timing her.  She is a character who is quite realistic about life but sometimes her imagination makes her think up weird scenarios of how she would have wanted things to be like.  She also dislikes her name 'Sam Soon' and wants to change it to 'Hee Jin', because many people make fun of her old-fashioned and embarassing name.  However, this name was chosen by her father who has passed away and this must be the reason why she hesitates to change her name.  Kim Sam Soon is very skilled in baking pastries and finds a job at the restaurant owned by Hyun Jin-Heon (Hyun Bin), 27 year old man who is very rude and considered to be very cool by his employees. 

This series is very interesting to watch because it tells the story of a woman who finds love in her thirties with a younger man.  The love story between the two protagonist itself seems so improbable, that you'll simply adore the way they end up together without regarding the odds.  When you start watching the drama, it seems almost impossible for that good-looking and arrogant guy Hyun Jin-Heon to fall in love with a chubby and old woman like Kim Sam Soon.  I mean Hyun Jin Heon could have a younger and better looking woman but somehow he falls in love with old, long time single woman Kim Sam Soon.  The funny thing is that even when Hyun Jin Heon's long lost beloved girlfriend comes back chasing after him, he gradually loses interest in her and prefers Kim Sam Soon.  I recommend you watch this drama to see how Hyun Jin Heon falls in love with Kim Sam Soon, the plot and scenarios in this drama are really interesting and fun to watch.  You'll definitely have a good time while watching this drama. 
I think that Kim Sam Soon and Hyun Jin Heon really look good together.
They make a really cute couple^^

 

 The story has its touching and sad moments too.  But, this time I don't want to spoil it for you because I think it is better you watch it for yourself to enjoy it best^^

No comments:

Post a Comment