Search This Blog

Sunday 16 June 2013

K-drama: Baker King Kim Tak Goo

I'm a big fan of 'Baker King Kim Tak Goo' :)
Here's Tak Goo ^^ (Actor: Yoon Shi Yoon)


It's a really good drama, when I say 'drama', I really mean drama - with really high concentration of tears (lots and lots of crying), excruciatingly evil characters, happy reunions, heart wrenching separations, slowly blooming love, break ups, hardships, rivalry, friendship, family, hope, perseverance...and you know what else is usually present in a drama  ^^'' Here are some snapshots to have a glimpse of this drama:

 


The acting in this drama is excellent and very compelling, especially the main character Kim Tak Goo was really well acted out by Yoon Shi Yoon although he was just a rookie actor at that time :)
Moreover, this drama can appeal to a wide range of audience from different age groups, from children, teenagers, adolescents, noonas, middle-age people to senior citizens (grandpas & grandmas); I think that's one of the reasons why the viewer rating was really high for this drama, it gained around 50% viewer ratings. The production, editing, filming were also really good, actually each episode ended with a cliffhanger that left the audience hanging on the edge of their seats for more.

This drama also has some great lines that I really like, here they are:

K-drama:  Baker King Kim Tak Goo
Kim Tak Goo:  “If I had given up every time I wasn’t confident, I would’ve done nothing until now. There are times you need to confront it without confidence.”
MiSun:  “The fist should be used as a last resort. That is a real man.”
King Of Baking, Kim Tak Goo Episode 29
Episode 29 part 4 - Kim Tak Goo's line

Ma Joon : "Kim Tak Goo."
Tak goo : "What's up, Seo Tae Jo?" (Tak Goo called Ma Joon, Seo Tae Jo - the guy who have become his best friend and co-worker)

Ma Joon : "How can you be like that? How can you keep smiling like that? You've only had things taken from you until now. Your Mom was taken and Your Father was taken. And you were kicked out of Geosung. Shin Yu Kyung was taken and everything else was taken. How can you be like that? Do you not have a heart, are you dumb or...are you really okay?"

Tak Goo : "How can I be okay? It's not that I don't know anger, it's not that I don't feel it's unfair, and it's not that I can't feel pain in my heart."

Ma Joon : "Then? How can you bear it like this?"
Tak Goo : "Because I need to live. While I’m alive, nothing is over. Just because today was good, my life isn’t over. And just because today was bad, my life isn’t over either. Good things, and bad things…they all go away.”  

This was just an overview of what I like about the drama.  I'll post more about it in the future :)

No comments:

Post a Comment